Monday, October 20, 2003

Sita's skin is made of leather.

And that's why I'll use her as an example.
(i'm not angry or upset, so don't' consider this some kind of aggressive attack...merely a commentary based on a recent and relevant happening)

Last night she said that it was sad that I attended a Christian concert.
Fine.
She then proceeded to ask me why I talk more about Jesus on the blog than I do when she and I yell on the phone.
dysfunctional.
we are.
Anyway, that really bothered me.
I don't even know what to say about it.
See, I wasn't/amn't at all offended that she thinks my pastimes are unworthy....
I actually spend every single weekend at a Christian hip hop spot.
It's in my blood.
I think it's one of the most beautiful things I know.
So that didn't bother me...
that's like a stranger walking up to you and laughing at you because you're holding you're girlfriend's hand...
they just get the..."and who are you, again?" look...
but then on another level, Nsa's far from a stranger.
She's like a skin growth that keeps coming back.
Like the mole under my right eye that I've grown to love...
Yet she too, understands me not.
And i'm so far beyond some mtv-stained 1996 desire to be "understood"
But damn, I say.
What kind of comment is that?
What could it have possibly meant?
I see it all around me.
People say things to each other that are so potentially (not even HURTING) but discouraging...
like SHIT, Sita, what would you RATHER have me do with my free time?
Tell me.
and it's so much easier to rebound from hurt than discouragement.
I'm not fishing for an apology.

Everyone's so scared to love and be loved that we wind up doing what we're afraid will be done.
And that's not our heart....
At least I hope it's not.
Things come out of our mouths
I'm sick of this world, and of the way that we treat each other.

Have a good day.
Don't forget to SCREAM.

No comments: